Saturday, July 5, 2008

Embrace Life Card

Here is a card we made a couple months ago at my Thurs AM club. I used the Embrace Life stamp set and Ginger Blossom DSP...they coordinate perfectly!


I made the circles using my Coluzzle Cutting System....when I got the Coluzzle, I didn't think I would use it as much as I do! I guess that's how most unexpected favorites are...

I used the Stained-Glass Window technique....it's very easy, but looks beautiful! You start by taking Vellum CS and stamping your image in Black Craft Ink. Then cover it with Black Embossing Powder and set with the Heat Tool. Once the image cools, turn it over and color in the image with markers, so you are coloring on the opposite side than the embossing. Then flip it back over to attach to your background CS...in this case I used Very Vanilla CS. The technique creates a very soft-color look...it's gorgeous on larger images as well.

*I have an Instruction Sheet available for this card with directions and exact CS measurements. Let me know if you are interested.*

Stamp Sets: Embrace Life
Card Stock: Ruby Red, River Rock, Very Vanilla, Vellum CS,
Ginger Blossom DSP
Inks: Black Craft Ink, Whisper White Craft Ink, Ruby Red marker,
Regal Rose marker
Accesssories: River Rock Double-Stitched ribbon, Coluzzle Cutting System, Corner Rounder Punch, Black Embossing Powder, Heal Tool, Dimentionals

Smiley Fireworks

I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily I thought this card was very pretty. It was fun and easy to make. I make a couple later after we had made it in club and the people I gave it to didn't understand or couldn't beleive I made the "window look" with the color showing through.
Again thanks for sharing!!!