Monday, February 23, 2009

Seashell Shaker Card

This is a cute Summery Card my Stamping Club made last year. Since I FINALLY got my blog up and running, I thought I would share it with you.


I used the set Seaside. The shell was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and then colored in using the now retired Metallic Pencils and Baby Oil Technique. (Clink the link to see how...If you don't have the Metallic pencils, any "pure" colored pencils will work with the Baby Oil Technique.)

I cut the oval frame using the Coluzzle Cutting System and stamped & sponged around the frame using Chocolate Chip ink.

Now for the "shaker" part....I used SU!'s Clear Envelopes. I slid in my colored shell image and then poured a small amount of sand into the envelope. Sealed it and then using Sticky Strip, adhere to the frame. Here's a close-up:

Bride & Groom

The sand I used is extra special! At our wedding we had Hurricanes full of sand and shells with large candles in them set at each table. I used the sand from one of the Hurricanes....it was just sand purchased from Michaels, not from the beach.

Stamp Set: Seaside
Inks: Chocolate Chip Ink Pad
Card Stock: Kraft, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Metallic Pencils (retired), Clear Envelopes, Sticky Strip, Coluzzle Cutting System
Non-SU! Accessories: Baby Oil, Q-Tips, Sand

Hope this warms you up a little... Beach

No comments: