Friday, June 13, 2008

Green Apple Suspenion Card

This is one of the cards we made at my Thursday AM Stamping Club last week, although club ended up meeting on Tues instead of Thurs...lol.

So, what is a suspension card? It's exactly what it sounds like....an image is suspended on the card. I learned this technique from Dawn Griffin...she is a very tallented stamper!

I used the Apple image from the Tart & Tangy set, but for the first time I decided to make it a Granny Smith....since my favorite color is green.

Winky


The image is "framed" with a scallop frame. To make one, you would first punch a 1 3/8" Circle out of your CS, leaving plenty of room all around the punch-out. Then punch a Scallop, centering it around the punched-out circle. Very simple and cleaver!

The ribbon I used is from the Occasions Mini...it's the Chocolate Chip Poly-Twill ribbon.

Also, I make instruction sheets for all of the cards/projects I do with my Stamping Club, including this one. I list the supplies needed, exact CS dimentions, and detailed step-by-step how-to. I would gladly forward any of them to you, for a fee of $3 each. Just contact me if you are interested. I will try to mention from now on any project where I can offer to sell my instruction sheet....

Stamp Sets: Tart & Tangy, One Smart Cookie
Card Stock: Old Olive, Whisper White, Summer Picnic DSP
Inks: Old Olive pad, Chocolate Chip marker, Garden Green marker
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Poly-Twill ribbon, White Gel Pen, Crystal Effects, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Punch, Sticky Strip, Natural Twine

Have a nice weekend.....and try to stay cool! Sweaty


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I JUST MADE THIS CARD IN RED FOR A FRIEND THAT IS RETIRING FROM TEACHING AND SHE LOVED IT. :-)
THANK YOU FOR SHOWING ME HOW TO MAKE IT!!!