Saturday, May 17, 2008

3-D Blossom Card

Here is one of the 4 cards I gave to both of our Moms for Mother's Day.

Mother's Day Vase
I used the single Poppy flower from the Bloomin Beautiful set from the Occasions Mini. I absolutely adore this set....Everything that is made using this set, comes out gorgeous!


I made the flower really "Pop" by making it 3-D. To do that I stamped the image three times...on the first one the entire image was stamped dirrectly on the Whisper White mat, on the second one the entire flower was cut out, and on the third one just the lower "section" of the flower was cut out. I colored all three the same using my blender pens and following colors....

Flower: Barely Banana - for the center, Blush Blossom - entire flower, Groovy Guava - to highlight the shaded areas.

Stem & Leaf: Certainly Celery - entire stem & leaf, Wild Wasabi - to highlight the shaded areas.

Here is a close-up of the 3-D flower:


Stamp Sets: Bloomin' Beautiful, Warm Wishes
Card Stock: Blue Bayou, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Afternoon Tea DSP
Inks: Black Stazon, Barely Banana, Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou
Accessories: Soft Sky Double-Stitched Ribbon, Dimentionals, Blender Pen

Thanks for looking.....Have a nice weekend! Weekend BBQ

No comments: