Thursday, May 22, 2008

Something Fishy Gel Card

I made this card for last month's Demostrator meeting. We had to make 21 swaps! Wow! I guess it's not as bad as the 30 for last month...



I had so much fun making this... I used the Something Fishy Jumbo Wheel inked with Versamark ink. TIP: You might be wondering how I got a Versamark Jumbo wheel cartridge....well, I took a uninked jumbo cartridge and used my Versamark re-inker to ink it up. You ink the uninked cartridges the same way you would re-ink your stamp pads. Also, I always wait an hour for the ink to soak-in....that way you won't end up with "pools" of ink.

To make the "water", I filled an empty 3" x 4" craft ziplock bag with blue hair gel. I used L.A. Looks because I liked the color, but any brand will work....and the bags are found in the jewerly section of any craft store. I put about 2-3 Tbsp of gel in each bag...you want to be able to see the color, but don't want the bag to be hard to zip closed.

The bag is attached to the mat using Sticky Strip and then I used dimentionals to adhere the front wheeled image to the card mat.

Here's a close-up of the water-effect showing the fish "swimming" behind it...
Fishy

I used the fish and bubbles images from the coordinating stamp set, Life's a Breeze to stamp on the Whisper White card stock in Night of Navy ink.

The sun, also from Life's a Breeze, was stamped in Versamark ink and then dirrectly in YoYo Yellow ink. I then covered the sun image with clear embossing powder and used my heat tool to emboss. It made the sun really pop, although you can't tell so much in the picture...


Stamp Sets: Life's a Breeze, Something Fishy Jumbo Wheel
Card Stock: Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Whisper White
Inks: Versamark, Night of Navy, YoYo Yellow
Accessories: Jumbo Wheel Handle, Jumbo Wheel cartridge inked with Versmark, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Sticky Strip, Dimentionals
Non-SU! Accessories: 3"x4" craft ziplock bag, Blue hair gel

Have a great day! Have A Nice Day

No comments: