Saturday, May 24, 2008

Pink Bloomin' Watercolor Card

Earlier this week I had Jury Duty Tongue Out 1 .....but I took some stamping supplies to keep myself busy. I am glad to say my civic duty has been filled for the next year, and I didn't even have to see the inside of a court room! Yea!

Judge
While I was there, I stamped and colored a few images, but until today hadn't gotten the chance to mount them onto card stock. I made these cards using my Watercolor Wonder Crayons and my Aqua Painters. I have only gotten to use the crayons a couple times so I was excited to really get to experiment with them.


The Watercolor crayons come in sets by Stampin' Up!'s color families. I used colors from the Soft Subtles, Earth Elements, and Bold Brights families. Here are the specific colors I used:
Flowers: Pretty In Pink, Pixie Pink, Blush Blossom, Pumpkin Pie
Leaves: Certainly Celery, Garden Green
Flower Pot: Creamy Carmel, Close to Cocoa

The bumble bee was colored in using Basic Black and Barely Banana markers. I then used Crystal Effects to accent the bee's wings as well as the center of each flower. The "Warm Wishes" sentimate was stamped with Versamark ink and covered with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Here is a close-up:


Since I had made two images, I did the second one a little differently. The layout and colors are all the same execpt for the sentimate was covered with Fine Cosmo glitter in Celery.


Stamp Sets: Bloomin' Beautiful, Hugs & Wishes
Card Stock: Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal, Pretty In Pink, Whisper White
Inks: Black Stazon, Versamark, Basic Black marker, Barely Banana marker
Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Crayons: Soft Subtles, Bold Brights, Earth Elements; Crystal Effects; Aqua Painters; Dimentionals; Key Tag Punch; Stampin' Glitter: Dazzling Diamonds or Fine Cosmo in Celery

I have another version of this card to show you later on using different colors....

Hello

No comments: