Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day Gift

I thought I would share with everyone what we gave my Mom for Mother's Day. I made her a Swap Tote.

You might be thinking, what is a Swap Tote?.....Well, it's a small basket-type holder for card-sized swaps. It's perfect for caring swaps to an event without damaging them, or for some of you who don't make swaps....it's a great place to store your current cards you are working on or keeping cards to have ready to send out.


I made it using the Afternoon Tea DSP from the Occasions Mini. Here is an inside view of the tote:


I adhered each piece of DSP to coordinating cardstock and then covered with Modgepodge to make each piece more durable and "waterproof".

This shows how a standard 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card fits inside the tote:

Card Stock: Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky, Afternoon Tea DSP
Ribbon: Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain, Soft Sky Double-Stitched, Chocolate Chip Poly-Twill (Occasions Mini)
Accessories: Crop-A-Dile, Hemp Twine, Pewter Jumbo Eyelets

In the next few days, I'll show you the cards that are inside the tote.....

No comments: