Sunday, May 25, 2008

Lavender Bloomin' Watercolor Card

This card is very similar to yesterday's....I was really having fun using my Watercolor Wonder Crayons, I thought I would change the colors. This technique is perfect for this set...it makes the image look very soft.

The Watercolor Wonder Crayon colors I used for the image are:
Flowers: Lavender Lace, Orchid Opulence, Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue
Leaves: Certainly Celery, Garden Green
Flower Pot: Creamy Carmel, Close to Cocoa

I then took my Whisper White 1/4" ribbon and colored it using my Brocade Blue marker for the edges and my Bordering Blue marker for the center. Can't tell it started out White, huh... Winky

For the bottom of the card, I repeatedly stamped the Blossom definition stamp over and over using Versamark ink. Then on a scrap piece of Brocade Blue CS, I stamped the definition image in Night of Navy ink. I used the Corner Rounder Punch before mounting it with Dimentionals.

The Bee is colored using Basic Black and Barely Banana markers and mounted using a dimentional. I again used Crystal Effects on the center of each flower and the bee's wings. Here is close-up:


Stamp Sets: Bloomin' Beautiful
Card Stock: Lavender Lace, Brocade Blue, Whisper White
Inks: Black Stazon, Versamark, Night of Navy stamp pad, Basic Black marker, Barely Banana marker, Brocade Blue marker, Bordering Blue marker
Accessories: Whisper White 1/4" Grossgrain ribbon; Watercolor Wonder Crayons: Soft Subtles, Bold Brights, Earth Elements; Crystal Effects; Dimentionals; Corner Rounder Punch

I have one more example of this technique using the same set....

No comments: